Saturday, November 19, 2011

I'm Going to Tanzania!!

Jambo!! ("Hello" in Swahili)
Welcome to my blog! Here I am going to be blogging about my trip to Tanzania. This is my first blogging experience so bear with me. For those of you who are currently thinking, "Wow! This is her first blogging experience?!? There is no way because this blog is/will be so amazing!", let me tell you it is true. And I hope that it will be as amazing as you say. Or at least good at keeping everybody updated on my trip. Now for all those of you who are thinking, "Wait... she's going to Tanzania?!?" or "Well... I knew she was going but have no idea why and/or what she will be doing.", let me explain. I am going to Tanzania to work with a missions clinic there called Uzima Mission Clinic. It is located in Mwandege Village in the Mkuranga District which is about an hour south of Dar es Salaam (the biggest city in Tanzania). While there I will be working as a nurse. Some of my work might include working at the pharmacy (packing and dispensing meds), starting IVs, drawing blood for lab work, and even helping doctors deliver babies at the Labor and Delivery... you know the usual. (Okay so I am pretty excited about that!) I will be staying at the YWAM (Youth with a Mission) base while I am there. I will be gone from November 20, 2011 until February 12, 2012. That means I am leaving tomorrow!!

"How can I help?" Oh I am so glad you asked! First and foremost, I need spiritual support. There is definitely a lot to pray about. I ask you to pray for safe travel. That all my luggage will arrive in Tanzania. That I will be able to adjust to the culture and language differences. I ask for prayer for courage to share God's love to the people of Tanzania. There are a significant number of Muslims in the country. I also ask for prayer for the people that they may be receptive to the message. I pray that my work will be God glorifying. I have had some people ask me how to help out financially. I still need to raise support for my living expense like room and board. So I have set up a site where you can put money into my account through PayPal.

The site is: http://scunningham.chipin.com/tanzania-medical-missions

Or you can contact someone in my family to find out how to give in another way. You can contact my mom at movermary@aol.com. If you can please reference the blog, Tanzania, missions, or myself in the subject so my mom knows what it is for. 

I do not expect everyone to be able to support me financially. So if you cannot I completely understand. But I hope that everyone can support me through prayer because I know that I am going to need God's help.

Thank you for reading my blog. I am not sure how often I am going to be able to update this. But I will try to update this as much as I can so you guys can know what is going on in Tanzania. If you want to get a hold of me, you can email me at scunningham15@rams.umobile.edu. I will try my best to respond to everyone. Otherwise keep a lookout for updates from me from Tanzania. Thanks again for all of your prayers and support for this trip. You are helping to make this trip possible.

God bless,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Sarah. This was an amazing blog post. I will definitely be praying for you, and the team is too! I'll ask my husband how much he would like to donate to your mission work. (Coach) Colleen

    ReplyDelete